Friday, June 18, 2010

The Stoopid 50

As its name implies, the Stoopid 50 is a mountain bike race that was designed for people with an impaired or limited mental capacity. I'm not saying that the participants are, well, stupid, but to take on a 50 mile course that covers some of the most technical single-track (translation: steep, rocky, muddy, root-covered trails) in the northeast, is just not that smart! I mean, when I started training for the Wilderness 101 (101, for short), I never even thought about doing the Stoopid 50, because I was afraid of how difficult this course is. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the 101 to be an easier race, but I am psyched to have this one under my belt! My performance on Sunday (6/13) definitely was not pretty [reads: I suffered like a dog all day!], but I finished the race, and that's what counts, right? Big thanks to Tracey, Ella and Alaina, AND our friends Chip and Tracey, who all made me feel like I won the race... thanks for waiting for me guys!

Next up: 100 mile road ride tomorrow (6/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment